Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Haunted Fish Tank

The Client

My Client today was BB. I don't know what BB stands for. BB called me because she thinks she has a haunted fish tank. She saw one of Maxo's secretly recorded investigations on YouTube and she thought I could help.

The Assistant

I chose Tom Tita for this investigation because fish and cats go together.

Tom Tita
Age: Two years
Height: Fourteen inches
Weight: Ten pounds of fluffy fur
Strength: 4
Dexterity: 0
Endurance: 10
Intelligence:6
Charisma: 10+
Faith: 0

Skills: Biting, slashing, making muffins and eating
Quirks: Spontaneous napping, allergic to fish and muffin making
Weaknesses: Blankets, other cats, mud and safety

Tom Tita: ASSIGNED

The Sniff

I got my helmet and Tom Tita's helmet. I put Tom Tita's helmet on him and put him on the back of my scooter. I left on my scooter to go to BB's house. When I got there, I picked up Tom Tita and knocked on the door. BB answered the door. "I'm so glad you're here," she said.

She opened the door and Tom Tita dashed inside. I walked in after Tom Tita. BB took me to the tank. I saw fifty neon tetras swimming in the tank. One of them was all white. I wondered how that happened. Neon tetras are the Skittles of the Sea; they are like a rainbow of colors. How could one be white?

"Do you have any white paint that the fish could have fallen into?" I asked.

"No, but we were just recently painting a wall white." 
"Was it by the fish tank?"

"No, it was in the kitchen," BB replied. Just then, I heard a creaking of the floor boards behind me where Tom Tita was sitting. I turned around and saw BB's big brother sneaking up on Tom Tita. It looked like he was trying to startle Tom Tita. He did not succeed because Tom Tita turned around and scratched him. That gave me an idea. Just to be sure, I stepped up to the tank and sniffed. 

The Scent

When I turned around and sniffed it, I realized the fish wasn't a ghost. It appeared that BB's big brother, one day when BB was napping, had snuck up to her fish and scared the color out of one of the neon tetras. And that was why one of the neon tetras was white. I didn't want to tell BB that the neon tetra wasn't a ghost because BB seemed very happy that she had a ghost fish. So I said, "You're right, BB. This fish is a ghost."

Our investigation was now over. I picked up Tom Tita, went outside, put Tom Tita's helmet on and then mine. I got on my scooter and left. 

This investigation was Unscented.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment